Youth Experienced Rowing
June 11th - July 21st, 2018
CPRA offers opportunities for youth ages 12-18 years to learn about the sport of rowing. Most youth participants are local (Northumberland, Snyder, Union, Columbia, Montour, Lycoming counties), however everyone is welcome! If you would like make the drive, we would love to have you!
The summer youth program will consist of a seven-week rowing program for youth with previous rowing experience who will be preparing for competition at a regatta.
For those youth who have already experienced rowing or graduates of the Youth Learn-to-Row, this program will refine your skills and culminate in participation in either a sprint race (summer) and/or a head race (fall) regatta.
- Participants will gain coxswain experience.
- The coach is responsible for decisions on who will compete at regattas and in what boats or seats
- In order to be eligible to compete at the regatta, participants must attend all practices
- CPRA will cover expenses of attending regatta (entrance fee, equipment, transportation of equipment)
- Rowers will be responsible for racing uniforms and personal travel expenses (food, travel expenses)
The 2018 Youth Experienced session will be offered June 11th - July 21st, culminating attending the Philadelphia Youth Regatta July 21st. June 11th - 23, the session will run 8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m., Monday - Friday. From June 25 - July 20, the session will run 8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m., Monday - Thursday, with optional Saturday morning rows.
The Youth Experienced program fee is $325 per participant; payment due by first day of summer program.
If payment of the program fee is a hardship for your family, CPRA may have some funding to assist youth rowers.
Click here to download Swim Test Certification form that must be handed in on the first day of Learn-to-row.